Last time, I showed you how to cook beef fried rice. If you love fried rice, but are not a beef lover, try this easy-to-make shrimp Chinese fried rice recipe.
Shrimp (prawn) Fried Rice (Serves 4)
- 200-250 grams (6-8 ounces) raw prawns, shelled.
- 4 cups cold cooked rice
- ½ cup frozen peas and carrots, defrosted.
- 3 tbsp oil
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tbsp green onion
- 2 eggs, beaten
Marinade for the shrimp:
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tbsp oil
- Pinch of white pepper
- 1 tbsp cornstarch.
- Add the marinade ingredients to the shrimp, mix well and set aside.
- Heat the pan for 1 minute, then add 1 tbsp oil. Add the shrimp and stir fry for about 2 minutes or until the shrimp change colour.
- Remove the shrimp, place into a bowl and set aside. (If the shrimp stay in the pan and are stir fried with the other ingredients, they will end up overcooked.)
- Add another 2 tbsp oil to the pan. When the oil is hot, add the peas and carrots, and stir fry for about 1 minute. Then add the rice. Stir and turn it over with the spatula to break up any clumps, and heat through.
- Add the eggs, using the spatula to gently mixed the rice and eggs. Then add the salt and white pepper, and stir fry for about 4-6 minutes. Add the cooked shrimp and green onion. Mix well with a spatula.
- Transfer to a plate and enjoy!
Don’t forget that more Chinese fried rice recipes are coming soon. Next time, I will show you how to cook Yangzhou fried rice – one of the most popular Chinese fried rice dishes.