In every culture, there are some thing that are just fact because they’ve been passed down for generations and because they work. Why do they work? Well, that’s something to answer in another article.
Here are 16 traditional Chinese tips, from what color t-shirt to wear in the sun, to when to open your windows, shared on Chinese social media that have kept Chinese people healthy. How well do they work for you?
- Eat bitter foods in the summer.
- Don’t eat honey on an empty stomach.
- Drinking enough water can prevent kidney stones.
- Stay positive! Bad moods cause stomach problems.
- Get out to eat. Eating lunch at the office is bad for your health.
- Drink a cup of milk after exercising.
- Cover up for summer sleep—don’t let your upper body be bare.
- Keep your windows open, even a little, for a better night’s sleep…
- …but close them when you wake up. Open windows in the morning are not good.
- An afternoon nap will help prevent coronary heart disease
- Don’t use cold water to wash your feet.
- Don’t use hot water to wash your face after being in the sun.
- Color T-shirts protect you best from the sun.
- Loosen up! A too-tight belt can cause hemorrhoids.
- Walking helps your brain stay young.
- Process over product. Brushing your teeth properly is more important than the type of toothpaste you use.