Potatoes are in season almost all year around, is one of the staple foods in almost every culture and probably there are more than thousands of tasty recipes, but have you heard of this one?
Shenyang Style Potatoes
Ingredients: potatoes, streaky pork, green chili, coriander, light soy sauce, dark soy sauce, star anise, ginger, green onion, sugar, oil, Sichuan pepper powder
– Wash potatoes, green chili and coriander
– Chop streaky pork into 2cm cubes
– Heat two spoonfuls of oil in pot, add star anise, cook on light heat until fragrant. Then add ginger and green onions.
– Add streaky pork, keeping turning until all sides are golden.
– Add Sichuan pepper powder, sugar, light soy sauce and dark soy sauce, mix well, then add potatoes and water, cook for another 40 minutes.
– Add green chili and coriander and cook for another 20 minutes.
Let us know your experience eating Shenyang Style Potatoes!