So you’re at college or university, and looking for some simple, quick, and cheap meals to get you through?
This udon noodle soup is both healthy and cheap, which is important because you don’t want to eat junk food all the time, and you’re living on a tight budget.
You can eat these Chinese-style noodles any time of the day, including b’fast. This soup includes an egg, which gives you the protein to stay focused and energized for learning.
- 3-4 cups water
- 1 tsp stock powder
- Udon noodles (1 package)
- 1 egg
- Dried Chinese fungus mushrooms or dried seaweed
- 1 medium onion, diced (optional)
- Add water to a medium-sized pot
- Add stock powder, 3-4 handfuls of dried fungus mushrooms or seaweed, and diced onion (optional)
- Let boil using high heat
- Crack egg and add to pot; boil another 2-3 mins
- Add udon noodles and boil another 2-3 mins, breaking apart the noodles as they boil
Put into a large bowl and enjoy your tasty, nutritious, cheap meal.