Genetic testing of the wide variety of cultivars and wild species proved a single origin for potatoes in what is present-day southern Peru and extreme north-western Bolivia. You now know who to thank next time you are savoring this versatile food.
Today, we bring you a simple, full-of-flavor potato side dish. You can serve it with all types of meat, or as part of your favorite vegetarian options.
- 500 gm potatoes
- 5 gm salt
- 5 gm green onions (chopped)
- 5 gm light soy sauce
- 5 gm dark soy sauce
- Boil potatoes till soft, peel off skin.
- Fry boiled potatoes in pan for 2-3 minutes, add some water and dark soy sauce.
- Add light soy sauce and salt, cook till the juice becomes less, switch off, and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Serve sprinkled with chopped green onions on top.
Also see Part 1