Did you know that millions of trees are cut every year in China to produce 80 billions of chopsticks? No?
Well, here are a few more facts that will surprise you…
- There’s only 1 timezone: Beijing Standard Time
- 30 million people live in caves
- Smoking kills 1 million each year and 31% (320 million) still smoke
- China produces and uses 60% of the world’s cement
- China’s railway lines could circle the earth twice
- 20 million trees are cut per year to make chopsticks
- China is home to half the world’s pigs: 475 million
- Chinese people consumed 52 million tons of pork in 2012
- Chinese people consumed 42.5 billion packs of instant noodles in 2011
- China produces 46% of the world’s coal
- One district in China alone (firstname.lastname@example.org">Datang district) produces 8 billion pairs of socks a year. That’s 16 billion socks!