In the early 2oth century, people were infatuated with celery in a similar way we now love kale, and this is no surprise. Celery is full of antioxidants, vitamins, minerals, and fiber. Regular consumption of celery brings you great benefits, such as: Reducing inflammation, stress-relief, reducing bad cholesterol, and many more.
But did you know celery can also be used as a home remedy for several ailments?
Celery is effective in treating the following:
- For children with a fever: Celery 15g, barley malt 15g, Plantago 10g, cook in water and eat.
- For diabetes: Drinking celery juice after boiling it can lower blood sugar.
- For coronary heart disease: Celery root (celeriac) 150 g, glutinous rice porridge 250 g: consume it both morning and evening.
- For nausea and vomiting: Celery root 30g, licorice 15g, add some water to cook, and then add an egg into the water.
- For high blood pressure: Drink celery juice with a small amount of honey added.
- For gout: Eat celery cooked with milk; this neutralizes uric acid and acidic substances.
- For jaundice from hepatitis: Celery 200 g, jujube 50 g, cook together as a soup.
Translator: Felice Boewe