Enjoy this haunting video of the world’s largest permanent light and sound show!
“A Symphony of Lights” is a daily or rather nightly display that combines interactive lighting from 44 key buildings in Kowloon and Hong Kong Island with synchronized musical effects, creating a glamorous vista of Victoria Harbor by night.
It starts at 8 p.m. local time, and lasts for almost 15 minutes. There are five major themes:
- Awakening – laser flashes gradually illuminate the scene.
- Energy – rising colors and sweeping searchlights signify the city’s vibrancy.
- Heritage – lucky red and gold colors are complemented by Chinese musical instruments.
- Partnership – laser beams and searchlights connect the two sides of the harbor.
- Celebration – a rhythmic kaleidoscope of lights dances across the harbor.
For special events or holidays, like Christmas and Chinese New Year, pyrotechnic fireworks are incorporated on the rooftops of harbor buildings, or on waterfront stages.