A number of heads of state will attend the APEC meeting in Beijing.
To most people in Beijing, APEC will simply mean another long holiday.
The authorities are giving people 6 days off from work; they are being given leave with pay.
Hopefully, the authorities will find fewer cars and people, and less trouble. Most important, the Chinese government wants to make sure no terrorist events take place.
Beijing will adopt strict regulations for traffic control during the 6 days of APEC to minimize dangerous, foggy days.
They will use the following methods:
- Business registration offices will closed for 6 days.
- Public security offices will stop working on entry visas and other matters.
- Some schools will close for 6 days. Some government offices will close as well.
- Most logistics will not be active as before.
- Some milk delivery to people’s doors will stop for 9 days.
- Registration offices for marriage will not open.
- Cars with odd numbered plates can only be on street every other day.
- Major construction sites will close down and stop work.
- There will fireworks at night for APEC.
Chinese authorities really want to show off how glamorous Beijing is.