It’s now winter, so by now your probably want to crank up the heat and climb under a blanket. This most likely means that your home isn’t getting much outside air. Did you know that indoor air is 2 to 5 times more polluted than outdoor air? With air pollution being a serious health risk, how can you keep your home clean? Don’t worry we’ve got you covered Here are 5 ways to detox the air in your home.
- Use non-toxic materials in your home (like bamboo and organic fabrics).
- Repair leaks or damaged dry wall (places where mildew and mold grow can cause additional toxins in your home).
- Avoid pesticides, and use non-toxic cleaners (using natural kitchen cleansers will help).
- Have air purifying plants in your home (see the video to help use this method to remove toxins from the air).
- Use a HEPA air filter (these are designed to remove the tiniest particles from the air and help purify it.
Be healthy this winter and use our tips to help detox your home!