Masked gunmen armed with AK-47 assault weapons attacked the Paris office of French satirical magazine Charlie Hebdo on Wednesday morning.
Twelve people were killed in the attack, at least one police officer was among them.
This is what else we know so far:
- Two gunmen were involved in the attack
- Ten people are injured, five of whom are in a critical condition
- The attackers were involved in a shootout with police and then fled in a hijacked car
- Massive manhunt for the gunmen is underway
- According to reports the gunmen shouted: “we have avenged the Prophet” after their attack
- Charlie Hebdo has published cartoons critical of Islam in the past and their office was firebombed in 2011
See videos after this image.
The amateur footage below was taken by a Paris citizen. It shows the gunmen in the distance. Shouts of “Allahu Akbar” can be heard as well as gun shots.
See this next video on why Charlie Hebdo would’ve been targeted by terrorists.