Nowadays, people try to eat less meat and more vegetables in order to keep fit and healthy.
Here is a tasty Chinese dish for all seasons.
You can add cooked chicken breast, turkey, or bacon, whichever one you prefer.
Seasoning is very important. Add a drop of hot pepper oil and sesame oil, and mix with olive oil. This salad is good for the family or for a big party.
Tofu and 3 Vegetables
- Cooked chicken breast, turkey, or bacon 100 g (3 1/2 oz)
- Pressed tofu 120 g (4 oz)
- Celery 80 g (3 oz)
- Carrot 80 g (3 oz)
- Green pepper 80 g (3 oz)
- Chinese mushrooms (soaked) 4
- Sesame oil 2 tsp
- Salt 1 tsp
- Sugar 1 tsp
- Hot pepper oil 1-2 drops
- Olive oil to taste
- Wash the pressed tofu in hot water, wipe dry, and cut into thin slices.
- Cut celery, green pepper, and carrot in thin slices, add to 4 cups of hot water with 1 tsp salt and sugar, and boil for 15 seconds.
- Take out and drain well.
- Soak the mushrooms in water until soft. Remove the stalks. Steam for 5 minutes.
- Cut mushrooms into thin slices.
- Place all ingredients into a bowl, add seasonings, and mix thoroughly.
- Add the tofu, and some cooked chicken breast, turkey, or bacon according to your taste.
Compiled by Monica, recipe from Jenny Ng