There have been several times when I’ve wanted to try new things, but not knowing how they are made or making the effort to ask questions meant I missed out on the chance to expand my tastes.
Here’s an excellent introduction to some new flavors, and I’ve only tried two drinks from this entire list: bubble tea and soy milk.
So thanks to this video, I’ll soon be enjoying some interesting new beverages.
Lets take a look:
- Boba — Milk or Fruit Tea with tapioca pearls. I have had this in Chinatown!
- Thai iced tea — Orange blossom water, crushed tamarind seeds, spices, sugar, and condensed milk. Don’t know if I would try this…
- Chrysanthenum tea — Dried chrysanthemum flowers for a beautiful tea with cooling properties to reduce fever and aid relaxation. I like it already!
- Citron tea with honey — Thinly sliced citrus with honey or sugar; this tea is a herbal remedy for winter illnesses. Remember this one in winter!
- Vietnamese iced coffee — We talked about this one in another article.
- Vietnamese salty lemonade/lime — Salted pickled limes/lemons, sugar, carbonated water. Maybe I’ll try this one…
- Grass jelly — Part of the mint family, you can eat this as a dessert, or make a drink with it. It also has cooling properties.
- Soy milk — You make this by soaking dried soy beans in water, sweet or salty is your choice.
- Sour Plum Drink — Sour plums, rock sugar, licorice root, hawthorn. Definitely don’t want to try this one!
- Beijing yogurt – Good for digestion, this is a fermented milk drink mixed with rice wine and honey or sugar.
- Yakult — Pro-biotic fermented milk drink created by Japanese scientists to boost your immune system. I’ve seen this one before…
- Ramune — Lemon lime soda (a popular carbonated Japanese drink). I need this one!
Some of these drinks are also very healthy, so the next time you get thirsty, try something new… Cheers!