Overall, the worst mistake you can make with makeup is wearing too much makeup—so go easy!
For the best effect, attain a natural look, and stick to enhancing your features, instead of redrawing your face.
Worst-ever makeup mistakes:
- A visible foundation line on the jaw. Avoid this by getting the right shade, and blending it right down to the neck.
- Overdoing your eyebrows. Pencil in your eyebrows with the right shade that is not too dark, so they appear slightly fuller and defined—yet natural.
- Too much bronzer. Instead, add highlights and low lights, and smooth over with a powdered brush for a flawless look. A little bronzer goes a long way—use sparingly to cheeks, neck, and forehead.
- Overworking your blush. Again, a little blush goes a long way. A hint of color on your checks is what you aim for.
- Heavy dark and dramatic eyes. To avoid looking like Elvira, use only a little dark eyeshadow to accentuate the natural lines, or to achieve a smoky look.
- Overdrawn lips. To make your lips look fuller, follow just outside your lip line with a pencil, then fill in with your lipstick.
- Bold color eyeline and mascara. Avoid this altogether, unless going to an 80’s dress-up party.