Spaghetti is a staple food in our family; we eat it pretty much at least once a week. It is cheap, and my kids will actually eat it, and not just shun it.
Over the years, I have tried many different types of ways to prepare it, adding vegetables or different herbs but this recipe for spaghetti meatball baskets is a real winner.
Whether you’re having a dinner party or just want to impress your family, spaghetti meatball baskets are something that will definitely impress.
It is a really simple recipe, and will most likely take you just as long to make normal spaghetti.
Watch the below video on how to make spaghetti meatball baskets:
Here is the recipe, if you prefer it in writing.
- 6 oz. spaghetti
- 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Jar of pasta sauce
- 12 meatballs (each about 1 oz. in weight)
- Another 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- Add all the spaghetti to a large pot of boiling salted water.
- Cook the pasta until al dente; usually for 7 minutes.
- Drain the spaghetti, and then put it in a bowl, and toss with olive oil.
- Let the pasta cool down; put it in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- Toss with the 1 cup of grated Parmesan cheese.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Farenheit.
- Generously grease a 12-cup muffin tin.
- Evenly divide spaghetti along the muffin tin.
- Add a tbsp of pasta sauce on top of each spaghetti nest.
- Put one meatball in the middle of each spaghetti nest.
- Add another tbsp of pasta sauce on top of each meatball.
- Divide evenly the 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese on each spaghetti nest.
- Put in oven, and cook until the pasta is heated through, and the cheese is melted about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Leave to cool, and enjoy!