Cooking noodles seems simple enough — just add noodles to boiling water. However, preparing a bowl of delicious noodles involves some extra tricks.
Recipe for better tasting noodles
1. Adding some salt to the water can prevent the noodles from sticking together and becoming too mushy. Add approximately 15 grams per 600 mL.
2. Adding a spoonful of vegetable oil to the water can prevent the noodles from sticking together, and foaming-up.
3. Adding a bit of vinegar to water can make the noodles whiter, and not as salty.
4. When cooking thin noodles, add the noodles just as the water starts to bubble. Stir it a few times, and put on the lid. When the water is boiling, add some cold water, and cook for a minute or two longer.
This way you can keep the noodles soft without being sticky.
5. When the noodles stick together, spraying a bit of rice wine can loosen them up.
Translated research by Cecilia Kwan and Alan Cheung.