Have to make dinner in a hurry, but you don’t want to make something unhealthy and tasteless, like frozen pizzas or two minute noodles. Well, this steamed chicken recipe is just what you are looking for, using simple ingredients, but having loads of taste.
All you need is:
- 1.5 kg chicken pieces
- green onion
- First, clean the chicken and cut away unwanted fat.
- Wipe the chicken with salt and ginger slices inside and out.
- Massage for 5 minutes to make the meat absorb the flavor and to get rid of the gamy taste.
- Then, let the chicken sit for 15 minutes.
- Second, prepare a steam pot.
- When the water boils, place the chicken on a plate, put in the pot, and cover.
- When the water boils again, turn to medium low heat and steam for 20 minutes (length of time needs to be adjusted according to the size of the chicken).
- Third, when time is up, turn off the heat and let the chicken sit for
another 5 minutes in the pot.
- If when you poke the thigh with a toothpick and no bloody juice comes out, the chicken is done.
- Wipe some oil onto the whole chicken, and let it cool down before cutting. Save the juice and mix with minced garlic, minced ginger, and chopped green onion for a tasty dip sauce.
Translated by Cecilia Kwan
Original article: http://www.ntdtv.com/xtr/gb/