Dinner and treats on Halloween can’t be anything regular — they have got to be spooky! These recipes may elicit some cries of “EEWW!”, but they’ll be a hit with the costumed bunch and without a doubt, the adults too.
Yield: 4 servings
- Spinach pasta, any shape
- Your favorite pasta sauce
- 4 pieces of string cheese
- Black and/or green olives
- Plastic straws
- Slice string cheese about 1/4″ thick. Cut the olives in half lengthwise.
- Using the straws cut circles out of the cheese discs; using the same straw, cut pieces out of the olives. Place the olive pieces in the cheese pieces to make eyeballs.
- Cook pasta according to directions. Top with a serving of pasta sauce and add the eyeballs on top.
Severed Toes in Bandages
- 1 box refrigerated piecrust
- 1 package of 36 beef cocktail franks
- 36 almond slices
- 1 large egg
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- On a work surface, unroll a piecrust and, using a pizza wheel, cut crust into 3⁄8-inch-wide strips to make 36 strips.
- Working with one frank at a time, wrap each cocktail frank (like a bandage) with a dough strip to cover about one-half to two-thirds of the frank. Repeat with remaining franks.
- Arrange on a prepared baking sheet.
- Using a small paring knife, make a horizontal slit on the unwrapped end of each frank, and insert an almond slice into the slit to resemble a toenail. Brush dough bandages with egg wash.
- Bake in preheated oven 10 minutes, or until pastry is light golden brown. Serve hot with ketchup.