Did you know that one Chinese word can be composed of five different characters?
Do you know what that is?
The word composed of five characters is 赢 (yíng), meaning “to win”.
This word 赢 is a “compound form” character consisting of 5 “single form” characters:
- The top one 亡 (wáng) means “to die”, showing the sense of risk;
- The middle one 口 (kǒu) means mouth, showing one’s ability to communicate;
- The bottom left one 月 (yuè) means month, showing a duration of time;
- The bottom middle one 贝 (bèi) means one’s ability to discover treasure and make a fortune;
- The bottom right one 凡 (fán) means one’s peaceful mindset—preparing for the worst and striving for the best.