A 24-year-old man in Chongqing passed out after playing with his mobile phone while on the toilet.
When a flatmate noticed he hadn’t come out of the bathroom, they broke open the door, and found him unconscious on the floor.
A doctor said he got edema from sitting on the toilet too long, which starved his brain of oxygen, according to NTD Television.
Bloggers shared the story widely, with many expressing concerns about smartphones. One said: “So you used up your life to play with a phone?”
Another wrote: “This is terrible. All kids should be careful using their phones.”
A third commented: “It’s frightening to think that phones are so convenient, but that they can kill you.”
Research by Mona.