For the first time, I am looking forward to being hungry so I can make and try this recipe that is spreading like wildfire on the Internet. It’s simple, it’s easy, and apparently to many it’s: “Oishi!!”, or “Hao chi!”
That’s right, Asia is loving this tomato rice recipe. It seems everyone is making this simple dish, and also adding their personal touch, creating tons of variations . The recipe is really simple, so simple that everyone able to use a rice cooker can create this exquisite dish.
Just look at the video to see how simple it is!
All you need is:
- Rice cooker
- 2 cups of rice
- 1 big ripe tomato
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 tsp olive oil
1. Prepare the rice as usual by washing it.
2. Place the rice in a rice cooker pot, and add water to the appropriate level indicated in the pot.
3. Remove 6 tbsp of water from the pot (for the water amount of the tomato), then add salt, pepper, and olive oil, and mix well.
4. Remove the tomato stem (and the bottom if you want), and place it in the pot.
5. Place the pot into the rice cooker. Cover and press the button to start.
6. When it’s done, toss the rice lightly using a rice paddle, then serve.