I sometimes wonder what goes on in the minds of some scientists and government officials, as some of their experiments are utterly frightening.
Strange Mysteries has come up with a list of the world’s top 10 creepiest scientific experiments ever.
10. Russian and U.S. scientists created zombie dogs with severed heads.
9. Insects controlled by implanted microchips.
8. Dr. Duncan MacDougall determined through experiments on 6 dying people that they lost 21 grams at death—which he said was the weight of the soul.
7. Scientists spliced spider DNA into goat embryos so their milk would contain spider silk proteins that could be separated out. These are stronger than Kevlar.
6. The U.S. government carried out biological warfare tests on the unsuspecting public between 1950 and 1969, which resulted in several deaths.
5. Injecting microchips into humans to track their movements, as well as whatever else these microchips can be programmed for.
4. Russian doctor Vladimir Demikhov created 2-headed dogs in the 1950s, but his work was deemed unethical.
2. The inhumane experiments carried out by the Japanese from 1938 on Chinese prisoners at “Unit 731.”
1. The CIA’s project MKUltra, which tested unsuspecting civilians and military personnel using LSD and other drugs for their effects on mind control.
The experiments that are truly frightening are those carried out by governments against their own unsuspecting and trusting citizens.