Did you know that 75 percent of your height is based on genetics, while the last 25 percent is influenced by your environmental factors?
You can’t control your genetic make-up, but by living a healthy lifestyle and avoiding some bad habits, you can make the most of the remaining 25 percent and add a couple of sneaky inches your your height. This applies to people who are still in their mid 20s, and still have potential for growth.
It’s not one thing you do, but a combination, that allows your body to develop to it’s full potential.
In this video, Mia, from Asian Beauty Secrets, gives some tips on how diet, exercise, and pressure points will help you reach your ultimate height.
Gain inches with these Chinese health secrets
- Don’t smoke, it stunts your growth. Smoking increasing the carbon monoxide in the blood, which hinders your body’s ability to deliver the proteins and nutrients that are necessary for building, to specific areas of the body.
- Eat plenty of calcium-rich foods, such as milk and cheese.
- Go to bed early, and make the most of the golden hours between 11 p.m. and 2 a.m.
- Stand tall against the wall to teach your body proper posture. This trick alone will have you standing tall your whole life, and suffering less back pain too.
- Include spinach, fish, and eggs in your diet. They are full of nutrients and protein that give the body what it needs to grow.
- Exercise regularly to keep your body strong, fit, and healthy.
- Don’t overdo weight training; instead, take advice from a qualified health and fitness instructor. A moderate amount, however, is excellent for bone and muscle strength.
- Employ acupressure points. Mia shows you where these are in the video.
Being shorter is not a bad thing, though. Look around and notice the array of varying shapes and sizes—you can’t get too caught up on one single factor of your physical appearance. There is a saying: How tall is the man? He is only as tall as his character.