In 1893 the U.S. Supreme Court ruled that tomatoes are vegetables, not fruit. In Chinese culture, tomatoes are also considered vegetables, eaten in thin pieces in salad, sprinkled with sugar, cooked with egg, or used in a variety of other ways. According to Chinese medicine, tomatoes are good at improving or helping to prevent a variety of conditions. Here are just a few:
- If you have have a poor appetite, tomatoes can help improve that.
- Prevent heat stroke in hot weather
- Reduce stomach pain
- Being rich in vitamin A and C, they help reduce the signs of aging, lower blood pressure, and reduce fat content in the blood
- Can aid in cancer prevention
- Boost the immune system and improves digestion
- Reduce swelling
Wow, that’s a lot of good from a single vegetable, and there’s still more great things about tomatoes. Natural nutrition for natural health. Eat some tomatoes today and enjoy your vegetables.
With research from Wei Hu.