The noodles we refer to here are regular noodles, as opposed to instant noodles.
It takes a lot of gimmicks to cook delicious noodles.
The following 6 tips are worth your consideration.
1. Adding a pinch of salt to the water, i.e., 1/2 oz of salt per 20 fluid oz of water, will prevent the noodles from sticking together.
2. Adding a tablespoon of vegetable oil to the water will prevent the noodles from sticking together, and prevent the soup from getting bubbles and overflowing the pot.
3. When cooking wild-yellow noodles, be sure to add a few drops of vinegar to eliminate the brackish flavor, and help make the noodles whiter.
4. When cooking fine dried noodles, the noodles should be put into the pot as soon as the water starts to bubble. Put the lid on the pot after stirring the noodles a few times. After the water is boiling, put some cold water into the pot, and boil the noodles with medium heat for a while. By doing so, they will be done quickly and will be very delicious. After they are cooked, the noodles should remain in the pot with the lid on for 5 minutes, so as to make the noodles more slippery and soft.
5. As to cooking fresh-wet noodles and homemade noodles, the noodles should be turned with chopsticks a few times while the water is boiling to prevent the noodles from sticking together. Boil the noodles on high heat. Once the water is boiling, cold water should be added to the pot, and this process should be done twice.
6. If the noodles are sticking together, the noodles can be separated after some rice wine is sprayed on them.
With translated research by Billy Shyu & Mona Song