Seaweed and seafood are common ingredients in Asian soups.
Give this soup a try, as it is a particularly tasty and hearty soup.
- Japanese Nori seaweed: 2 pieces
- Seafood: 160g (shrimp meat, scallop and fish fillet)
- Fresh straw mushrooms: 1/4 cup
- Enoki mushrooms: 80 g
- Egg white: 1
- Chicken broth: 2 cups
- Water: 2 cups
- Salt: 1 tsp
- Sesame oil and pepper: a little to taste
- Cornstarch: 2 tsp
- Water: 4 tbsp
- Rinse and wipe dry the seafood. Cut into cubes , mix with sesame oil, salt, and pepper.
- Tear seaweed into smaller pieces, trim off roots of Enoki mushrooms, and cut into 1 cm pieces. Also trim straw mushrooms. Best to use boiling water to rinse mushrooms and cut into big pieces.
- Boil the water and add all seafood for blanching less than one minute, remove, and drain well.
- Boil the chicken broth and water, add all ingredients and seasonings. When it comes to a boil, add water to cornstarch, mix until it thickens, and gradually pour into the soup. This will thicken the soup . Last, stir in egg white.
- Ready to serve.
Translated research from Mrs. Wu recipe in HK