Do you suffer from muscle or joint pain? Do your back and shoulders ache from all those long hours in front of a computer? Do you often feel chilly? If so, you might want to give this simple, yet effective, traditional Chinese remedy a try. It’s easy to make and consists of only three ingredients: raw sea salt, spring onions, and ginger. Most people who’ve tried it reported wonderful results.
- Measure out three pounds of raw sea salt, or pure “rock salt” (also know as halite), without any added chemicals. Place the salt in a frying pan for 10 minutes on medium heat and stir regularly. If you prefer, you can put the salt in a microwave oven for five to eight minutes.
- Put eight ounces of finely-chopped fresh spring onions and eight ounces of thinly-sliced fresh ginger in a frying pan.
- Add the hot salt and mix all three ingredients together. Stir until the spring onions and ginger are soft. Remove and discard the ginger and spring onions from the mixture.
- Put the hot sea salt and into a cotton bag, a thick sock, or a cloth shoe bag.
- Tie the opening of the hot “salt bag” and then carefully feel the bag. If it’s too hot, wrap a small towel around it so that it will not burn your skin, and apply the bag to the area where you are suffering from muscle or joint pain.
You should notice some pain relief within about five minutes!
- Make sure that the salt is hot when you apply it to your body, but not so hot that it burns or irritates your skin.
- You can reuse the raw sea salt – all you have to do is to repeat the above three steps.
- You can store the salt bag in your kitchen cupboard or closet between uses.
- When applying the salt bag to your entire body, it’s best to start from your feet before before moving the hot pack to your knees, lower back, shoulders, and neck.
- Raw sea salt or pure rock salt (halite) can be purchased at most grocery or hardware stores.
Subscribe to our weekly email